Amazon Web Services (AWS) Polly Speech Synthesis Plugin 1.3.0 to the UniMRCP Server (UMS) has been released.
The plugin is based on the following components:
- UniMRCP Server 1.6.0
- AWS SDK 1.7.172
The binaries are currently available for the following Linux distributions:
- Red Hat / CentOS 7 (unimrcp-polly-1.6.2-1.el7.x86_64.rpm)
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (unimrcp-polly_1.6.2-xenial_amd64.deb)
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (unimrcp-polly_1.6.2-bionic_amd64.deb)
This release is built against a newer version of AWS SDK.
With this release, the plugin can be configured to use the AWS default credentials provider chain, which in turn allows to derive an IAM role set on an instance UniMRCP server is running on. The behavior is controlled by a new configuration attribute 'credentials-provider', which is supposed to be set to 'default' to use the default credentials provider chain. Note, in such a case, the attribute 'credentials-file' is not observed.
The detailed list of changes introduced in this release follows.
- Added support for an IAM role-based access to AWS services. See Sections 3.1 and 4.3 in the Usage Guide.
- While selecting a voice based on specified language, language tags are now treated as case insensitive in accordance with RFC 5646.
- Fixed output format of SDRs to strictly conform to JSON.
- Added a new attribute 'credentials-provider', which can be set to either 'default' or 'custom'. The latter is used by default.
- Upgraded the AWS SDK from 1.5.16 to 1.7.172 version.
- Output the AWS SDK version string in the logs.
- Updated the Usage Guide to reflect the changes introduced in this release.
Visit the Polly plugin page for more information.
Thank you for using UniMRCP.
Author of UniMRCP