Microsoft Bing Speech Recognition (BingSR) Plugin 1.7.0 to the UniMRCP Server (UMS) has been released.
The plugin is based on the following components:
- UniMRCP Server 1.6.0
- Microsoft Speech WebSocket Protocol
- Libevent 2.1.8
- Rapidjson 1.1.0
The plugin supports the following endpoints:
- Bing Speech
- Speech Service
The binaries are currently available for the following Linux distributions:
- Red Hat / CentOS 7 (unimrcp-bing-sr-1.6.1-1.el7.x86_64.rpm)
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (unimrcp-bing-sr_1.6.1-xenial_amd64.deb)
This release provides numerous SRGS-related enhancements, primarily intended to address interoperability issues with VoiceXML platforms having a limited ability of referencing built-in grammars. The release also fixes a possible license depletion issue.
Everyone is encouraged to upgrade.
The detailed list of changes introduced in this release follows.
- Added support for predefined metadata in SRGS XML grammars that allows to reference a built-in grammar and/or specify various input parameters. See Sections 4.2, 5.1, 5.2 in the Usage Guide.
- In accordance with SRGS recommendation, use case-insensitive string matching, while comparing a transcription result with phrases in a supplied speech context.
- Use the exact letter case specified in a supplied speech context, while composing the instance element in NLSML results.
- Added a new attribute 'scope' to individual speech contexts, which can be defined in configuration globally.
- Fixed a possible license depletion issue. Under unknown circumstances experienced with the new regional-based service endpoint, the 'turn.end' event is NOT received from the service. Such an occurrence eventually caused the channel to infinitely wait for the event. The new implementation sets a timer for the 'turn.end' event in order to properly release all the resources, if the event is not received in a timely manner.
- Added a new attribute 'scope' to individual speech contexts.
- Fixed HTTP response time output in logs not to be truncated to msec but to be represented in msec.
- Updated the Usage Guide to reflect the changes introduced in this release.
Visit the BingSR plugin page for more information.
Thank you for using UniMRCP.
Author of UniMRCP