IBM Watson Speech Recognition (SR) Plugin 1.2.0 to the UniMRCP Server (UMS) has been released.
The plugin is based on the following components:
- UniMRCP Server 1.5.0
- IBM Watson Speech to Text API v1
- Libevent 2.1.8
- Rapidjson 1.1.0
The binaries are currently available for the following Linux distributions:
- Red Hat / CentOS 7
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Added support for speech contexts being optionally used as a basic grammar. If the new attribute 'speech-complete' is set to true, then input will complete as soon as an interim result matches one of the phrases specified in the speech context. Each phrase may also be assigned an arbitrary tag to be set as an instance in the returned NLSML results.
This release also allows to specify the format of the confidence score returned in the NLSML results via a new configuration parameter 'confidence-format'. By default, the configuration parameter is set to 'auto', which means the format is implicitly determined based on the version of the protocol being used. In order to use the floating point format in the range of 0..1 consistently, the parameter must be set to 'mrcpv2'; and for the integer format in the range of 0..100 - 'mrcpv1'.
There is also a new configuration parameter 'alternatives-below-threshold', which allows to control whether or not to include alternatives with a confidence score below the specified threshold in the returned NLSML results.
Everyone is encouraged to upgrade.
The detailed list of changes introduced in this release follows.
- Added support for speech contexts being optionally used as a basic grammar.
- Allow to specify the format of the confidence score returned in the NLSML results based on a new configuration parameter.
- Allow to control whether or not to include alternatives with a confidence score below the specified threshold in the returned NLSML results.
- Keep track of the maximum number of channels used concurrently. This number is logged by default within the statement 'WSR Usage' and can also be written in the status file, if enabled.
- Fixed an issues in the SDI detector, encountered when 'speech-incomplete-timeout' is significantly longer than 'speech-complete-timeout'.
- Fixed processing of the header field 'Recognition-Timeout' to set the SDI 'speech-input-timeout' accordingly. Only the global configuration parameter was in effect before.
- Added a new element 'speech-contexts'.
- Added a new attribute 'confidence-format' to the element 'streaming-recognition', which defaults to 'auto' and also accepts 'mrcpv2' and 'mrcpv1'.
- Added a new boolean attribute 'alternatives-below-threshold' to the element 'streaming-recognition', which defaults to 'false'.
- Updated the Usage Guide to reflect the changes introduced in this release.
Visit the Watson SR plugin page for more information.
Thank you for using UniMRCP.
Author of UniMRCP