IBM Watson Speech Synthesis (SS) Plugin 1.2.0 to the UniMRCP Server (UMS) has been released.
The plugin is based on the following components:
- UniMRCP Server 1.5.0
- IBM Watson Text to Speech API v1
- Libevent 2.1.8
- Rapidjson 1.1.0
The binaries are currently available for the following Linux distributions:
- Red Hat / CentOS 7
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
This release addresses broken access token retrieval routine. The release also fixes processing of malformed SPEAK requests with an empty body.
Everyone MUST upgrade in order to be able to retrieve an access token. Otherwise, authentication results in 405 error if a former version of the plugin is used.
The detailed list of changes introduced in this release follows.
- Using HTTP GET instead of HTTP POST to retrieve an access token. Although both methods were apparently accepted by IBM Watson in the past, only HTTP GET has always been documented and is currently functional.
- If retrieval of an access token fails, reattempt the procedure in 60 seconds. Otherwise, an intermittent error in network could result in an recoverable error.
- Fixed processing of SPEAK requests with an empty body to return an error.
- All the internal common class names are declared under a unique namespace not to cause a conflict with other speech synthesis plugins being loaded in to the same instance of UniMRCP server.
Visit the Watson SS plugin page for more information.
Thank you for using UniMRCP.
Author of UniMRCP