I would like to announce the second release of UniMRCP connector bridge for Asterisk.
The connector bridge is prepackaged with Asterisk-220.127.116.11 and UniMRCP-r1456 (> 0.9.0). These are the recommended versions to use, though other versions are also supported.
This release contains a few enhancements in speech resource module (res_speech_unimrcp), which implements the Generic Speech Recognition API of Asterisk.
* Added internal configuration file (/etc/asterisk/res-speech-unimrcp.conf) with further reference to UniMRCP client configuration.
* Supported various recognition grammars including builtin grammar, text/uri-list, multipart/mixed and everything else.
* Added an option to preload grammars for a channel
* Added an option to set properties (MRCP header fields) for a channel
Asterisk dialplan applications are:
* MRCPSynth - text to speech,
* MRCPRecog - speech recognition
The released package can be downloaded from
For the installation, configuration and usage please refer to the wiki page
Feel free to participate in the discussions with the questions and issues you may have
Thanks for using UniMRCP,
The author of UniMRCP