Amazon Web Services (AWS) Polly Speech Synthesis Plugin 1.10.0 to the UniMRCP Server (UMS) has been released.
The plugin is based on the following components:
- UniMRCP Server 1.7.0
- AWS SDK 1.9.181
The binaries are currently available for the following Linux distributions:
- Red Hat / CentOS 7 (unimrcp-polly-1.7.7-1.el7.x86_64.rpm)
- Red Hat / CentOS 8 (unimrcp-polly-1.7.7-1.el8.x86_64.rpm)
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (unimrcp-polly_1.7.7-bionic_amd64.deb)
- Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (unimrcp-polly_1.7.7-focal_amd64.deb)
This release improves memory usage when caching is enabled and provides a few fixes.
The detailed list of changes introduced in this release follows.
- Allow voice name and gender be also specified via Vendor-Specific-Parameters using voice-name and voice-gender tokens correspondingly.
- Output license and maintenance expiration dates to status files, if/when applicable.
- Set the SSL security level to 1 by default. This setting applies to the use of the license server on Ubuntu 20.04 and does not affect other supported distributions.
- Improved memory usage while dealing with a large set of cache records by loading a cache record from file on demand and releasing the memory after the cache record is no longer referenced.
- Fixed a possible memory leak occurred when two file entries (waveforms and/or SDRs) have the same creation time, which is a very rare occasion not involved in the regular operation.
- Added a new attribute 'security-level' to the element 'license-server'.
- Updated the Usage Guide to reflect the changes introduced in this release.
- Added new log statements related to the caching routine.
Visit the Polly plugin page for more information.
Thank you for using UniMRCP.
Author of UniMRCP