UniMRCP Package for Asterisk 1.0.0 has been released and can be downloaded from the following location:http://unimrcp.googlecode.com/files/uni-ast-package-1.0.0.tar.gz
This is the first major release of the Asterisk package which consists of the following main software components:
- Asterisk 11.3.0
- UniMRCP 1.1.0
- UniMRCP Dependencies 1.1.3
- UniMRCP Modules for Asterisk 1.0.0
The release adds new functionality and also fixes numerous quite notorious issues related to installation and use of the UniMRCP modules for Asterisk. While the package is shipped with Asterisk 11.3.0 and UniMRCP 1.1.0, the following versions are also supported:
- Asterisk 1.4, 1.6, 1.8, 10, and 11
- UniMRCP 1.0.0 and above
Note that since Asterisk is distributed under the GPLv2 license, and the UniMRCP modules are loaded by and directly interface with Asterisk, this and all consecutive versions of the UniMRCP modules for Asterisk will be released under terms of the GPLv2 license.
For instructions on how to install, configure, and use the package, see the updated document: UniMRCP for Asterisk. A PDF version of the document is also available.
See below for the changes included in this release.
1. Generic Speech Recognition API (res_speech_unimrcp.so)
- Handled change to the apt_log_file_open() function. Thanks J.W.F. Thirion.
- Added the ability to implicitly stop an in-progress recognition request. Applied a reworked patch submitted to Issue-105. Thanks Borja.
- Added support for loading and activating multiple grammars for a recognition request. Applied a reworked patch submitted to Issue-105. Thanks Borja.
- Enhanced parsing of NLSML results. Applied a patch submitted to Issue-105. Thanks Borja.
- Fixed support for built-in grammars. Thanks Renato.
2. Dialplan Applications (app_unimrcp.so)
- Fixed a DTMF generator issue. Thanks J.W.F. Thirion.
- Added the ability to load a plain text or an SSML content from the specified file. Applied a reworked patch submitted to Issue-151. Thanks Borja.
- Fixed a misspelled name of the 'Input-Waveform-URI' header field.
- Use the 'sl' option for the 'Sensitivity-Level' header field and 'spl' for 'Speech-Language'.
- Fixed a crash in speech_channel_destroy(). Thanks Evan, Stephen, and Rodolfo.
- Fixed a memory leak in processing of recognition results. A recognition result is now allocated from the channel memory pool using apr_pstrdup(). Otherwise, the duplicated string should have been explicitly freed.
- Fixed the grammar type detection routine.
- Added the ability to load a prompt and/or a grammar from the specified files.
- Added support for loading and activating multiple grammars for a recognition request. The grammars can be specified as a comma-separated list of input parameters.
- Added a new application option: exit-on-play-error "epe". If the option is enabled and the specified prompt file cannot be played, the application exits with the "RECOGSTATUS" variable set to "ERROR".
This is a new diaplan application which plays a synthesized prompt to the user and waits for speech to be recognized. The application supports the following features:
- Plain text and SSML prompts.
- Inline (SRGS XML, SRGS ABNF, JSGF), built-in, and URI grammars. Inline grammars can be loaded from a file. A list of comma-separated grammars can be used for a recognition request.
- Barge-in, and an option for non-bargeinable prompts.
- Recognition timers.
- Recognition results.
- Enhanced the version detection routine of Asterisk (asterisk.m4).
- Added a new optional parameter to the configure script --with-asterisk-version, which allows to explicitly specify a version string in case the version cannot be determined or retrieved implicitly.
- Included asterisk.m4 from acinclude.m4.
- Added a new header file ast_compat_def.h, which provides backward compatible macros, definitions, and utility functions for Asterisk.
- Added support for Asterisk 1.8, 10, and 11 to the modules res_speech-unimrcp and app_unimrcp. The former versions are also supported.
- Added support for auto-generated XML doc files introduced since Asterisk 1.6. The XML doc files are generated from the corresponding tags declared in source files.
- Split the module app_unimrcp into several integral parts. The source file app_unimrcp.c is now the entry point of the module, and the applications reside in separate source files.
- Fixed loading of the configuration parameter "offer-new-connection" to accept both boolean "true" or "false" and integer "1" or "0" values.
- Added a checking for pkg-config to the configure script.
- Added a new sample dialplan applications file mrcp_sample_apps.conf which provides numerous usage examples. Removed the old file say-digit.conf.
- For logging purposes, set the name of a UniMRCP session object to schannel->name.
- Using transparent header fields to apply application options.
- Retained backward compatibility with UniMRCP 1.0.0 and above, but dropped the support for earlier versions.
- Updated the README file to include the statement for the GPLv2 license. Added the INSTALL and COPYING files.
Thanks for using UniMRCP.
Author of UniMRCP